We at Nidd Transport, remain hopeful that a deal can be agreed with the EU and are optimistic that a ‘No Deal’ exit remains unlikely.
We would recommend taking the following steps to remain prepared for any outcome of the ongoing Brexit negotiations.
Actions to take now:
- Register for an EORI number (Economic Operator Registration and Identification Number) – for information about this and to register follow this Link
- IMPORTER’S – Register for Transitional Simplified Procedure (TSP) – This process is being implemented to reduce congestion at UK ports. For information about this and to register follow this Link
- Ensure that you know the ‘Commodity Codes’ for your goods – follow this useful Link which can help you to find your relevant codes or speak directly with Custom’s for assistance.
How will booking your Imports/Exports change post Brexit?
You will need to provide the following paperwork:
- Suppliers Commercial Invoice with EORI number and Consignment Details including Commodity Codes
- Importers to ensure their supplier provides Commercial Invoices prior to collection
- Letter of Authority (Import & Export Customers) – these letters will authorise us to use your EORI details and deferment approval number on Customs paperwork as appropriate. Please contact Alison at email@example.com to request your Letter of Authority for completion
We are continually monitoring the latest developments and guidance issued by the government and HMRC. We are fully prepared to handle your shipments no matter the eventual outcome of the Brexit negotiations. We would like to thank you for your continued support through this period of time.
For further information, please refer to the Gov.uk website