Nidd Transport Ltd., based near Ripon, North Yorkshire, is a successful and progressive road haulier who operates throughout the UK and Europe.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Accounts Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Finance Director (FD), the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the accounts department and assisting the FD with financial reporting, performance analysis, HR, vehicle costing and office support. A thorough knowledge of accounts is essential, as well as experience in using Sage Accounting software and payroll. Candidates should have some previous experience in people management and team leadership. The successful candidate will have the ability to work under pressure whilst achieving strict deadlines in this dynamic and varied role.
Benefits and Working for Nidd Transport:
Salary: Competitive renumeration package including bonus and pension schemes
Hours: 40 hrs per week (Monday to Friday)
Holidays: 24 days + bank holidays per year.
We believe the successful Accounts Manager should have the following skills:
- Must be trained to AAT level 4 and studying towards ICA/CIMA or ACCA
- Previous experience in people management and team leadership
- Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
- A flexible approach and ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
- Time management
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in order to minimise errors and loss.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and team work.
- Use initiative and possess good decision making
The key tasks for the Accounts Manager role are:
- Manage a team of three to achieve individual and team targets
- Sales Ledger – overseeing:
- Month end invoicing
- Credit Control
- Cash flow forecasts
- Payment reconciliations
- Purchase ledger – overseeing
- Month end
- Approving sub-contractor invoices
- Sterling and euro cheque runs
- Bank reconciliation
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Nominal Ledger
- Maintaining fixed asset register
- Maintaining vehicle asset purchase
- Vehicle costing/job costing
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- VAT Returns
- EC Sales list submission
- Payroll including employee contracts and induction paperwork
- Overseas VAT claims
So, if you feel that you have the necessary skills we are looking for, then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org